[ale] OT: One for the EE's, Amp noise?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 17:55:05 EDT 2013

So I have a Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver.  It's been great so far but not
enough volume when we want to have a party, etc.  So I picked up an
external Amp by Gemini.

When I plug the pre-out from the Yamaha into the Gemini I get a low hum
that almost sounds like static.  If I plug my DVD player or Phone into the
Gemini using an adapter ( 1/8th -> RCA ) the noise goes away, crisp clear
sound.  If I use the Yamaha speaker out no noise either.  It seems to only
be from the Yamaha to the Gemini.  I can use either of the pre-out ( front
or surrount ) or the headphone jack on the front and the sound persists.

Any thoughts on how I can clear it up?  The yamaha is out of warranty (
2.5yrs old) and a great unit but just too quiet on occasion.

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar