[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:54:43 EDT 2013

I believe that in Germany today no tire on your car (including the spare)
can be more than four years old -- from date of manufacture.  The problem
is that ozone eats the sidewalls.  Once the sidewalls start to show thin,
hairline cracks, the tires are not considered safe for Autobahn speeds (or
RV loads.)

What was the BIG reason that the Japanese bikes even in the 60's were much
more reliable than the British ones?  The Brits were damned with Lucas
electrical parts.  And leaky oil gaskets!

Sean