[ale] getting Untrusted connection on one system but not the other?

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:54:48 EDT 2013

No joy, still won't load.
the Issued by info is when I go through the motions to add the cert is:
CN: Entrust Certificate Authority - L1C
O:  Entrust, Inc.
OU: www.entrust.net/rpa is incorporated by reference

so why did it reinstall bad data?

On 08/07/2013 10:08 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> grr, wrong screen!
>
> which contains all of the root CA certs from teh Mozilla root CS list.
>
> yum reinstall ca-certificates  will likely clean up the issue.
>

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com
> <mailto:jim.kinney at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I _totally_ forgot about that package! It provides the following file:
>     /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.trust.crt
>     which contains the all of the
>

>     On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Brian MacLeod <nym.bnm at gmail.com
>     <mailto:nym.bnm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Do not forget that in RHEL/CentOS 6 that you also should have
> package
> ca-certificates installed/updated. It may be a contributing
> factor here.
>
> More and more of this family of distributions is pointing at
> /etc/pki/tls/certs
>
> to handle certificate processing.  I was recently reminded of this
> when i was trying to help a coworker get Citrix Receiver installed,
> and that software comes effectively with NO certificates.
>  Linking in
> the certs from /etc/pki/tls/certs fixed that, and guarantees to
> follow
> updates by the distro.
>
> Brian

>     --
>     --
>     James P. Kinney III
>     ////
>     ////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail.
>     What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a
>     dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
>     - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>     ////
>     http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
>     ////

> James P. Kinney III
> ////
> ////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
> you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on
> his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
> ////
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
> ////

Sent from my home PC running Fedora18 to you and NSA, FBI, CIA, HSA
and God only knows who else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!