[ale] setting wifi priority on android ???? mint?

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Aug 5 23:09:28 EDT 2013

Hi all,

On my windows machine, I have the ability to set the priority of various wifi ssid's if I'm in the range of several and determine if they will autoconnect or not.  I use this all the time.

On my mint machine, I have the ability to determine whether any wifi  ssid will autoconnect but apparently cannot set priority.

Is there a way for a user of a non rooted device to set the priority of ssid's on android and determine whether they autoconnect or not?  If not, this seems like an insane design.

I've tried the wifi prioritizer app which claims to do these things but it is buggy.

For that matter, is there a way to prioritize on mint if you have multiple ssid's that are set to autoconnect?

These features seem like a basic requirement for wifi design to me.

Also, if I manually connect to a particular ssid, I want it to stay that way until the wifi is reset or until it looses the signal and has to reconnect.

Sincerely,

Ron