[ale] Thunderbird Slowness

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 5 21:37:07 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 08:50 PM, Ed Cashin wrote:
> I was almost sure you were leading up to a punch line that revealed
> you had found mutt.

I used mutt for years up till I started with Evolution.  I even
configured mutt with an html viewer.  I still use mutt over ssh to look
in mbox files.

The issue here is that so many people send html mail now it was just not
feasible for me to use it as my primary client.  This email was even html.

My desktop is dual core with 8GB of memory

processor    : 1
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family   : 15
model        : 107
model name   : AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2400
stepping     : 2
cpu MHz      : 1000.000
cache size   : 512 KB
physical id  : 0
siblings     : 2
core id      : 1
cpu cores    : 2
apicid       : 1
initial apicid:  1
fdiv_bug     : no
hlt_bug      : no
f00f_bug     : no
coma_bug     : no
fpu          : yes
fpu_exception: yes
cpuid level  : 1
wp           : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow extd_apicid pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm
extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch lbrv
bogomips     : 2009.28
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps