[ale] Thunderbird Slowness

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 5 17:21:29 EDT 2013

I've just about had it with TB 17.0.7 on Ubuntu 12.04.  The problem I'm
having is that when ever I focus on TB it takes a few seconds for it to
respond.  Minimize the maximize it takes a few seconds before it
responds to me clicking on anything.

Now I could be at fault here.  I have 3 IMAP accounts and one is Gmail.
Each account is huge.

One IMAP folder (all files in mbox format) is 1.2G. Another is 2.5G.
I'm not sure about Gmail.

Is the problem because I have so many emails?  I do expunge and compact.

I tried Claws Mail, but it does not render HTML emails.

I'm thinking of installing a PHP web mail app.  I'm using an older
version of OpenWebMail.  Anything much better?

Chris