[ale] v2v

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Aug 5 17:14:29 EDT 2013

The hostOS is KVM on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. This was new - a different physical
machine than where Xen ran.

The clientOS is Ubuntu 10.04 or 12.04 LTS ... for each VM.  It matched what the
clientOS used under Xen. A base OS was installed on KVM (just ssh), then the
backups from the Xen clients were restored/migrated over.

If you don't know what is running, where the data and settings are on the source
system, it may not turn out well.  Being extremely cautious about the backups is
critical.

Sorry if the blog article wasn't clear on that.