[ale] Virtualbox in a junky home network

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Aug 5 11:55:25 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 11:22 AM, Dustin Strickland wrote:

> In any event, I don't want the NFS software on Windows; I already have NFS
> enabled on the host OS. Would it be possible to share files from the guest using
> the host like that?

Yes, but it would probably be better to use the built-in vbox-host-disk-access
sharing method instead. Vbox has that built-in,but you must load the guest
additions for that to work.  Inside the guest, the disk looks like a network
drive - probably like a CIFS share from a Windows guestOS.  I've never had luck
running vbox with Linux as the hostOS - only Windows.

When Linux is the host, I use KVM - not suggesting that you do that.