[ale] Virtualbox in a junky home network

Dustin Strickland dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:22:50 EDT 2013

Well, I don't think you're slow. My description is probably inadequate, so
sorry if I'm confusing you. I didn't realize that the GPU didn't have
anything to do with the guest OS; I assumed it would. Also, I realize just
how diverse a processor line can be - some Core i7's are less desirable
than some Core 2 Quads. But from experience, I know this particular
processor is nearly on-par with a Core 2 Duo clocked at the same speed.
The media server's operation wouldn't be affected(not that it's a huge
priority anyway) - it wouldn't be in use while the VM is running.

In any event, I don't want the NFS software on Windows; I already have NFS
enabled on the host OS. Would it be possible to share files from the guest
using the host like that?