[ale] Virtualbox in a junky home network

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 01:40:56 EDT 2013

virtualbox reserves the ram quantity you set. XP can function on a little
less ram sometimes but whatever you define is all reserved and untouchable
by host for anything else. I was disappointed by performance of host and
guest with less than 2GB host ram.  I can run xp and win7 VMs on 4GB Ram
and a core duo with 2 cores from 2008. P4 I had could not do virtualization
at all. VMs use ram to emulate processor cores.

Wolf Halton
--
http://wolfhalton.info
Apache developer: