[ale] Fedora 19 and Java 7

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sun Aug 4 15:38:15 EDT 2013

API compatibility is a must on any platform. Java apps that use APIs that just happen to have not changed still work just fine. However, virtually all production, in-house apps (and many proprietary commercial ones) wind up having problems if they don't have the exact version they were built for available.

Back when I worked at the AT&T building in Alpharetta, we had many of those apps. We had an ungodly number of different JVMs installed to support all the applications, and we were always fielding calls about "my java update broke my application".

Sent from my iPhone