[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Raylynn Knight seca900rider at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:45:32 EDT 2013

I pay just under $300 a year for full coverage on a BMW and liability on another BMW and 2 Yamahas.  This includes roadside assistance for all four bikes.  Use what you save in insurance cost for safety gear (helmet, riding boots, jacket, pants and gloves).  All my bikes are over 850cc and all get better than 35 mpg.  The best gets in the upper 40 mpg.  If you're mechanically inclined you can do most maintenance yourself.  I wouldn't be riding a BMW if I always had to pay the dealers labor rate!

Ray Knight