[ale] WAY OT: Remembering a book

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Apr 30 13:54:10 EDT 2013

This sounds a little like the Foundation Trilogy of books (which later had at least one more book) by Isaac Asimov.

In that someone named Harry Seldon as I recall designed society and used something called psychohistory to predict what its major crises would be over time.   That was the main society.  It turned out in one of the books that he had actually setup two societies with the other being one more involved in the mind and it was used to bring the first society back into plan when unforeseen events occurred.   It’s been years since I read them.