[ale] JavaScript question

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Apr 26 09:31:55 EDT 2013

I have a script that is reading cookie names and attempting to locate them in an array. First I tried indexOf() and it finds one, but none of the others. So I tried two for loops, one for the cookies and the other for the array. Again finds one. I even set it up to display the two values via alert() before the comparison test. I see this: 'comparing <linksFTP> to <linksFTP>'

Clearly the same but the test fails. Anyone?  This is driving me nuts. I'm using the == operator, not the === operator. What am missing?