[ale] Why is RAM is so expensive?!? Anyone know an inexpensive source?

Mike Ivey miketech.jr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:03:50 EDT 2013

It really depends on what RAM your server supports. I've always seen the
current RAM cheaper then older. For example, if your machine supports DDR3,
then here<http://www.microcenter.com/product/403678/Server_Memory_16GB_DDR3-1600_(PC3-12800)_CL11_Server_Module_Kit_(Two_8GB_Memory_Modules)>is
a 1x16GB crucial stick for $169. DDR2 and
DDR is probably double or triple that price now. It sucks.