[ale] OT computer vanity - wanting (needing) more cores

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:07:49 EDT 2013

I have a preference for these:

AMD Opteron 6282 SE Processor OS6282YETGGGU 4-Way 16-Core Socket G34 2.6GHz
6.4GT/s 16MB 32nm 140W Tray

parked in these:

Tyan B8238Y190X2-045V4H-LE 1U 2-Node Server 2-Way Opteron 6200 Socket G34
16-Core DDR3 2.5-in SATA2 Hot-Swap 450W Black BTO
Support up to 192GB of registered DDR3-1333/1066/800MHz memory

And with that One low-profile PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot, I plug in these:

AMD PCIe VGA ATI FirePro V7800P 100-505691 2GB GDDR5

and someone else pays for it :-D

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.