[ale] OT computer vanity - wanting (needing) more cores

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Apr 22 14:01:47 EDT 2013

PS.  According to the tech at Fry's, when you remove a CPU / Heat Sink from a system, you TWIST the heat sink off while the cpu is in place rather than pulling it off.  I have an older Athlon II x2 chip, which should still be functional, with some slightly bent pins to attest to the fact that pulling is the wrong method.

The cpu release lever is under the heat sink, unreachable, which makes loads of sense.

Sincerely,

Ron