[ale] MD RAID 5 under Virtual Box under Win 7

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:00:56 EDT 2013

Host OS is Win 7 Pro. We have a 180GB SSD for boot drive, 2x 2TB 7.2k SATA
drives mirrored for backup and 6x 600GB SAS 15k drives for data acquisition
of some sort. Customer asked for RAID 5 with a hot spare. Win 7 doesn't
support RAID 5 in any way shape or form. So when I went Googling, I found a
link to using MDRAID under Win 7 under (or in) Virtual Box. Not saying that
this is the best/only solution, just polling for comments, instruction,
advise and all the good stuff that ALE folks are so good with.

Thanks,
Greg