[ale] IEEE/ACM?

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:55:15 EDT 2013

On 4/10/13 6:10 PM, Leam Hall wrote:
> Anyone a member of IEEE and/or ACM?
>
> In my fantasy life I'm gearing up to become more of a systems
> programmer. Not sure it'll happen but would like to associate with
> smart people. Wondering if either organization would be worth the $$
> at this stage and later stages. I'm more into understanding the OS
> than writing a new one. At least for now.

My impression is that they feel the only systems are Windows. That may
have changed as it's been well over a decade since I was a member of
either so take it for what it's worth

Usenix (and more recently LOPSA) might be of interest to you -- in
particular, a lot of Unix / Linux systems programmers have been at LISA
and some of the other Usenix conferences I've been to