[ale] ALE-NW - meeting THIS Thursday @ 7:30 PM at SPSU - Dennis Ruzeski, Bashing Linux

Orlando Karam okaram at spsu.edu
Tue Apr 9 12:03:47 EDT 2013

Title: Bashing Linux- Introduction to the shell
Speaker: Dennis Ruzeski
Where: SPSU, room J266 (see directions below)

Abstract:
The shell is the heart of a your linux systems. Being able to
understand and manipulate it effeciently will make you a more
effective user. To that end this presentation will help you master the
following skills:
	- REGEX basics
	- command expansion
    - Shell built-ins
    - Shell variables
    - Basic scripting
      - What is a script?
      - Essentials every script should have
      - loops
      - Variables
      - taking command arguments
Part 2 of this will cover more advanced scripting topics.

Bio:
Dennis Ruzeski is a system engineer with 20 years of experience managing linux
systems. Originally from Buffalo, he came to Atlanta about 6 years ago
and loves it here. Hobbies include games, cooking, and spending
some quality time with his neurotic dog.

===================================
For a campus map and a link to directions please see
<http ://www.spsu.edu/visitspsu/campusmaps/index.htm>
or visit the ALE NW wiki page at
<http://tomshiro.org/twiki/view/ALE/AleNwOrg>
Parking in non-reserved spaces in the P60 deck is best.
Building J, the Atrium building, is a short distance east of the parking deck.
======
ALE-NW at SPSU meetings are open events and we hope you will join us!  We generally
meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month, but always watch the ale.org email list
for specifics. Also remember that topic suggestions and presentation offers for
meetings can be emailed to [ jdp (at) algoloma ]