[ale] C question

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Sun Apr 7 19:40:27 EDT 2013

set up a pipe, fork(), dup2(pipe_output, STDIN); exec(), (from parent
process) push "stuff" into pipe should work for that.

Something like:
(Please add error checking...)

pid_t child;
int pipefd[2];
char stuff[] = "stuff";

pipe(pipefd);
if((child = fork()) == 0) {
  // Child
  dup2(pipefd[0], STDIN_FILENO);
  execl("/bin/foo", "/bin/foo", "--some-arg");
}
write(pipefd[1], stuff, strlen(stuff));
waitpid(child, ...);

(Haven't tested it, but this should work...)

David Tomaschik