[ale] screen saver eats 15 - 30 watts

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:31:36 EDT 2013

The power light is a mixed blessing. I only want the information it
provides for a few seconds at a time, a few times a week. The rest of the
time it is wasting a little bit of power and being very annoying when I'm
using the computer in the dark. I have tape over the power LEDs on most of
my devices for this reason. Otherwise my office and bedroom have enough
blue and green light to navigate by at night!