[ale] screen saver eats 15 - 30 watts

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 14:23:28 EDT 2013

Ah. But I like the BSOD screen saver :-) Looks like the box locked up. The
flying toasters screen saver company went out of business because of the
BSOD wallpaper. As admins in the big corp world would walk through and see
EVERY system had crashed at lunch... and proceed to pull the power cord and
cold restart. Pretty soon the mandate went out that no more Flying Toasters
screen saver was allowed.

However, I use a screen blank and lock with power off screen in 15 minutes.

Even in power off mode, the monitor draws a bit of power waiting for the
switch press or data to reappear. But it nothing compared to the TV or xbox.

I miss _REAL_ power switches. You know - when off meant OFF.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain