[ale] ZFS on Linux

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:18:36 EDT 2013

It's more or less inherent to any COW style fs

What you can still do, however, is truncate an existing file. So find a
big file,

# cat /dev/null > /path/to/big/sacrificial/file

and repeat until you've freed up enough space to work more
conventionally. It gets more "entertaining" if snapshots are involved,
of course...