[ale] [OT] GaTech Mini Maker Faire, Oct. 6th!

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:10:57 EDT 2012

Here's some detail on the Maker Faire project. It was forwarded to me
by Randy of Freeside Atlanta and Atlanta Hobby Robotics Club. He asked
that I repost it here.

http://www.learntosolder.org/ Early website for the project. Currently
has some development photos and some stubbed out areas needing more
details added.

PCB and component kits will be given away for free, and there is no
charge for the hands-on workshop to learn to assemble them. There
might be a charge for the vacuum formed clam-shell robot body from the
other groups. We've been fortunate to have some private donations to
fund the PCBs and component purchases.

We'll likely have 120-150 kits at Maker Faire. I estimate one teacher
can help 4-6 students and hour solder them (1 or 2 at a time). I have
10+ soldering stations. We'll have at least 2 tables, and an easy up
tent or two. We'll be mainly limited by the number of volunteers
available to help. It would be nice to have 2 teachers throughout the
day, and 3 or 4 during the middle of the day.