[ale] [OT] spec'ing drives for a NAS

John Anderson j at intte.com
Sun Sep 23 13:02:06 EDT 2012

OK, thanks the whole 'green' thing is not something I ever paid
attention to before.

I was on the verge of ordering the QNAP TS-212 based on its reviews and
flexibility.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822107063

I was looking at drives that are listed on the QNAP drive compatability
chart:
http://web.qnap.com/pro_compatibility.asp#note9

Apparently I should avoid the 'green' one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148725

Perhaps I should get this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337

There is no color listed for the second one. Does that mean that it is
'blue'?