[ale] WiFi at Emory meeting building?

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:46:03 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com> wrote:

> Be sure you do that in tcp mode, not udp mode (default).  The
> performance in tcp mode is going to suck, but it should work.  I'm
> playing with iodine now and almost have my iodine server up and running.
> I needed an excuse to play with this nasty anyways.  :-P  I'll also drop
> an OpenVPN server on port 53/udp on a different IP and see if that can
> work as well.

I missed the last meeting, so I was not able to test this then.
However, I can now confirm the following DOES work:

OpenVPN, configured to listen on TCP port 443 (server side) will punch
through Emory's wireless security, AND, unlike the Cisco AnyConnect
client, will NOT drop in 10 minutes.  :-)

Brian