[ale] Kernel cross compilation

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:37:30 EDT 2012

you can refer here to an example on the Raspberry PI

http://elinux.org/RPi_Kernel_Compilation

The best way to compile is to use cross compilation on ubuntu or similar.
 The ending kernel isn't really any different than if you compiled it on
the PI, just doesn't take 7 hours.

This is because you have to download the libraries for the architecture and
use it in the compilation process.