[ale] mounting problems - cyanogenmod bn nook

John Anderson j at intte.com
Sat Sep 8 15:17:01 EDT 2012

I am trying to get cyanogenmod running on a nook color and a nook tablet.

I am following the advice to write an image file here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1000957

I ran dd

sudo dd if=~/Downloads/generic-sdcard.img of=/dev/disk/by-uuid/20C8-AF8A
[sudo] password for olaf:
240975+0 records in
240975+0 records out
123379200 bytes (123 MB) copied, 1.71791 s, 71.8 MB/s

Which appears to be successful, but now the card won't automount, if I
boot into windows it offers to format it, which returns it to its
original state. It seems that windows sees the card but doesn't
recognize the filesystem.

I don't know the name of the card to mount it.
I removed and re-inserted the card and then ran dmesg. The relevant
lines are:

[  433.271113] mmc0: card 1234 removed
[  438.211010] mmc0: new SDHC card at address 1234
[  438.211256] mmcblk0: mmc0:1234 SA08G 7.28 GiB
[  438.212844]  mmcblk0: p1

there is no mmc0 in /dev but there is:

mmcblk0p1

mmcblk0

attempting to mount:

olaf-Aspire-5750Z mnt #
mount /dev/mmcblk0 /mnt/testflashcard

     mount: you must specify the filesystem type

olaf-Aspire-5750Z mnt #
mount /dev/mmcblk0 /mnt/testflashcard -t ext3

     mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mmcblk0,
        dmesg | tail  or so

Questions:
Does the fact that the card won't mount after running dd mean that the
image file isn't working?
Is my syntax correct?
Why doesn't automount work after? It is the same device that was
automounted in the past- did the img change it somehow?
What am I missing when I try to manually mount it? is mmcblk0 a valid
device?
Has anyone had much experience with cyanogenmod? Is there an easy way to
dual boot instead of re-writing the nook?

Would I be better off paying -
http://n2acards.com/
??