[ale] OT: To catch a thief

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:40:51 EDT 2012

  I'm betting we have some kids in the neighborhood that like to go down
the street at 3AM and open any car doors that are unlocked and steal
anything not nailed down they can pawn.  It's happened twice,  the second
time snagging the radio out of my softtop jeep.  i want to catch them and
either hand them to the cops who can't catch them currently.

  I'm annoyed enough at this point I'm willing to put a $50 radio in the
jeep that looks pretty enough (flashing lights?) to get their attention but
I need a way to track it.  I would love to find some form of wifi
transmitter or such I can put inside the case of the radio that I can pick
up with an android wifi tracker or something along those lines.

Any thoughts?

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar