[ale] Tablet Keyboard

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sun Sep 2 15:57:08 EDT 2012

Hi Jim,

I can understand how that sounds funny. I still use my laptop for things that need more horsepower or more screen real estate and enjoy it when I need it. However, even with my add on case and keyboard, the tablet is SO SO much more portable than the laptop. It's probably more portable than a netbook, although I've never owned a netbook. This thing is so compact, I can just grab it any time I'm running out the door just like I would a medium sized book. As long as I can get access to a wifi signal, I know I can do 85 - 90% of what I can with the PC. With the Verizon Jet Pack [assuming I want to pay the data fee in a given month], I can even type this reply riding in my car, as a passenger, way out in the boonies in Tennessee. That's very cool. I've got the laptop, but it's in the trunk at the moment, and it's battery doesn't last nearly as long.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern. My email address has changed. Replying to former
address. Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

call on the phone. I get about 300 emails per day from alternate energy
mailing lists and such. I don't always see new email messages very quickly.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O) Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com

Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

I can't stop giggling. "I got a new tablet! Now it just needs a keyboard."

If my laptop had twice the horsepower of a table, I'd be chomping at
the bit to upgrade.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE)
<atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> Phil Turmel <philip at turmel.org> wrote:
>
>>On 08/31/2012 11:12 AM, Neal Rhodes wrote:
>>> No, but every couple of months I go into a Micro Center type or HL
>>> computers store to see if any of their bluetooth keyboards will
>>> successfully pair with an Android phone. Thus far we've found that
>>> keyboards that work with Apple devices fail to pair with Android.
>>> Android devices want a password specified, Apple do not, and thus far
>>> I've left the store without anything that worked.
>>
>>I noted early in the bluetooth roll-out that many devices used "0000"
>>as
>>their password. Since then, for any device that didn't explicitly
>>document one, I've used that. Hasn't failed me yet.
>>
>>HTH,
>>
>>Phil
>
> You can also try 1234 if 0000 doesn't work.
>
> Ron

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain