[ale] So what do we do when the PC goes away?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Oct 31 19:54:40 EDT 2012

I keep reading that the pc is doomed and will die before long.  They
don't define long however.  All these smart devices like tablets, phones
and things yet to be invented will replace them.  Now it's possible that
9th generation programming languages will take verbal instructions to
generate apps, but somehow I doubt it.  I shudder to think how I'd
develop a complex C++ app on a tablet or a phone.

  A tablet can never replace my 22" screen.  After all I'm pretty sure
my vision will not improve in the future.  Are we going to have eyeball
implants that will send the screen directly to the brain? Maybe type by
thinking?  That seems dangerous given the way my mind wanders off at
times.  I'm thinking that a scantily clothed blond wouldn't do at all in
the middle of my database update.

To borrow from the NRA, "I'll give you my keyboard and mouse when you
pry  it from my cold, dead hands."

Jim.
****