[ale] how do I test 4 GB or more of RAM

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Oct 29 20:27:58 EDT 2012

I just upgraded my Dad's pc from 2 GB to 4 GB of RAM.  I want to test the RAM.  You can't easily get to the memory test or the md5 test any more from the Ubuntu Desktop live cd.  I booted the Ubuntu 11.10 alternate 64 bit cd and selected memory test.  The CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 chip.  Apparently, though, the MemTest86+ is running in 32 bit mode.  It's only reporting 3.89 GB being tested.  I need to know how to test all the RAM, although it's unlikely that the last .11 GB has an error when the other didn't.  But, what if I had 8 GB, etc.  I want it all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com