[ale] a no way out situation

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Mon Oct 29 11:19:25 EDT 2012

Jim,

Unity is what was really throwing me and then heightened
commercialization in the latest offering.  I still run 11.04 on all of
my systems but have lately started looking at SolusOS as a potential
replacement.  I have a liking for Gnome2 (and Debian) so am starting to
lean that direction and away from Ubuntu myself.

BTW>  I'm not using ATI because of support concerns.  Have been using
Nvidia with good success but know that may (or may not) continue
considering the finger that Linus gave Nvidia this past year.
Canonical's commercialization is fine and good - not knocking it; I just
don't want it in my distro.  Wishing Canonical all the best...

SolusOS is a featured distro in the latest LXF and can be found at:
http://solusos.com/

They also have just announced a new mirror at Georgia Tech.

Cheers........