[ale] read after write verify?, data scrubbing procedures

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Fri Oct 26 01:03:55 EDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 05:58 PM, Phil Turmel wrote:
> For raid arrays, add a regular "check" scrub.  Use a "repair" scrub only
> when a "check" scrub finds mismatches.

When a check fails, I remove the drive immediately.  I don't try to
repair it in the array, or investigate any further than that.  If, after
installing the new drive and checking out the old one, it appears to
still be in good condition (hasn't happened yet!) I'll find something to
put it into...

	--- Mike

                                    --- Carveth Read, “Logic”