[ale] OT: Charging smart phones

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:44:40 EDT 2012

Most of the newer phones pull higher current and the chargers grow to match.

I have chargers to miniusb that can't handle enough for my phone.

I found that you need to check the sticker on the charger for the
amperage.  Most are around 500 mA or half an amp.  Newer chargers can go
from 750mA to 2amps.

The car charger for my dual core phone is 750mA.

The kindle fire charger i have at home is 2.2 amps.  That charges up my
phone in half the time.

Fyi.  Normal usb 2 ports supply 500mA  the usb 3 spec takes it to 2 or 3
amps.