[ale] OT: Thank you for your attention last night

Jonathan Meek jonathan.l.meek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:31:56 EDT 2012

To all my fellow Tuxes,

I wish to give you all my thanks for allowing me to speak at last
night's central meeting. It means the world to me because I have
always wanted to give a technical talk/presentation and now I get to
check one off the bucket list. I know I was quite silent at the
after-meeting get together but I was just enjoying hearing the
explanation of analog broadcasting systems and just didn't have the
mental energy to contribute anything worth noting. Between work,
school, family, and long-distance IT support (I have family in Puerto
Rico that I do IT support for and this week was the week for
everything to break), sleep hasn't been high on the priority list.

This morning I felt it necessary to convey my thanks and express my
hope of learning more from you all. I will be mainly at the ALE-NW
meetings since I have classes on Thursday nights this term but I will
try to aim my classes around ALE next term. Looking forward to the
insights, good ideas that go bad, bad ideas that go good, and general
discussions/arguments/complaints about Unity Desktop/Emacs vs vi,
because there's only one/ to come.

Yours in telling M$ & Gnome to undo its cranial-rectal inversion,

Jonathan Meek

"When smart people who care get frustrated, something is wrong" --Seth Godin