[ale] OT: Lift up your monitors

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Tue Oct 16 18:29:17 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 12:02 PM, Scott Plante wrote:
> I have two monitors on my desk, but I use a completely different system
> :-) My primary desktop is Linux, where I do all my development and most
> of my work, but I also have a need for a Windows box for certain things.
> So I have two desktops, two monitors, but one keyboard & mouse. I use
> Synergy to share them between the two computers. I can cut in Windows
> and paste in Linux, or vice versa. When my mouse pointer moves off the
> left edge of my Linux box, it appears on the right edge of the Windows,
> and wherever the mouse is, the keyboard is also directed to. You can
> also use the keyboard to switch, but I rarely do. It works well for me.
> I've been using it for years through various iterations, from the
> original Synergy, to Synergy2, and now back to the Synergy name at its
> new home.

I do so love Synergy.

I used to have a setup with dual-head Linux and single-head Windows that
was done with it, because I had to have always-on access to Windows and
I didn't have a good way to do VMs.

Now I manage enough Windows systems that I don't need to do that anymore...

I suppose that can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you
look at it...

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”