[ale] OT if you must use windows, upgrade to windows 7, not 8, within a year

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:15:08 EDT 2012

On 10/14/2012 12:39 PM, mike at trausch.us wrote:
> On 10/13/2012 02:16 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>> Actually' xp STILL performs better than vista in limited resources.
>> I can't speak to support issues other than routine patches.  I'm
>> upgrading my vista stuff to 7.  When they stop patching xp, I may run
>> ubuntu or mint only on that 2002 vintage machine.  That pc still does
>> pretty good with its 2.4 ghz cpu and 1 gb ram.
> Well, so does Slackware 3, when compared to anything today, or any
> release N of Ubuntu when compared to N+1...  :-)
>
> 	--- Mike

I saw this post today about Win8:
http://www.techsociotech.com/2012/10/windows-8-hardware-that-will-physically.html.
The blogger commented that Win8 interaction is medical disaster waiting
to happen for users of laptops and desktops because of repetitive motion
injuries caused by constantly needing to touch the screen.

Another overlooked issue, is that touching the screen will eventually
dirty the screen requiring cleaning.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier at gmail.com