[ale] [OT] PayPal

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sat Oct 13 20:16:06 EDT 2012

> What I know about PayPal would fit in a thimble with plenty of room left
> over for my thumb.

I know a thimbles worth, barely.

I've got a few systems that use the "pro" version for ecom. It works.
Sweep your accounts daily as PayPal likes to freeze accounts while
it investigates.

> He wants to pay via PayPal -- without actually seeing the chairs!

If there is a pic (good ones) on eBay that is not unusual.

>> Thanks for the email, I will send Your payment as soon as
>> I receive Your PayPal email id, You will receive a notification

For a one-off, I'm the seller:

Usually I would go to Paypal and create a link to send them,

ie: Click here to pay $100 to Mike...

>> the funds credited into Your PayPal account so that you can easily
>> transfer the money to your bank account or credit card. as soon as the
>> funds reflect on your PayPal account......

He's being very very helpful. He's used to talking to people that don't
use Paypal.

>> Do get back to me now with your PayPal email address and full name so
>> i can proceed with the payment asap.

Overly helpful. Smelly helpful. Fishing for things helpful.

If you are bored, have fun with him.