[ale] OT if you must use windows, upgrade to windows 7, not 8, within a year

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Oct 13 14:16:34 EDT 2012

Actually' xp STILL performs better than vista in limited resources.  I can't speak to support issues other than routine patches.  I'm upgrading my vista stuff to 7.  When they stop patching xp, I may run ubuntu or mint only on that 2002 vintage machine.  That pc still does pretty good with its 2.4 ghz cpu and 1 gb ram.

Ron