[ale] Little OT: Bad Linux Sysadmin Practices

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:13:58 EDT 2012

So we should really be blaming the bean-counter wannabe posers and not the
_actual_ bean-counters.

got it.

Insert a little bit of "Ops-Man will be held personally responsible for
performance of subordinate team and systems" and it's amazing the resources
that can be found to do the job right. Pay bonus for team based on time
with no un-planned outages or loss of service, etc.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain