[ale] OT if you must use windows, upgrade to windows 7, not 8, within a year

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:08:47 EDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 09:20 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> If 8 is as bad as you say it will be replaced by 9 quickly like Vista was replaced by 7 after the screaming got loud enough.
>
> However, since people are STILL running XP in many places but migrating to 7 I doubt M$ will be forcing folks to upgrade to 8 as quickly as you imply.

My understanding is that 8 is a dog for desktop users. Compounded by the
fact that you do not have an MS sanctioned option to change the default
behavior many will be frustrated by it.

At least with Ubuntu there are alternate desktops you can install to
replace Unity; yes it is a minor pain but doable. After experimenting
with the Swambo's laptop; I found she like Cinnamon and to clean up the
install I installed Mint in a dual boot configuration with W7.