[ale] OT if you must use windows, upgrade to windows 7, not 8, within a year

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu Oct 11 22:06:23 EDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 05:04 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> windwoes 8 interface is as stupid bad as gnome 3 and unity.
>
> OK. It's actually worse. But the same floating, translucent crap that
> only makes sense without a mouse or keyboard.

Well, I can't speak for Unity: I haven't managed to let it live on any
of my systems for more than about 15 minutes before getting angry with
it.  It doesn't work with my system, period, and on the other system I
tried it on it pretty much pissed me off real fast.

I depend on keyboard usage; I do have a few extensions to my GNOME Shell
that I use to smooth some rough edges (checkout extensions.gnome.org in
your browser -- you may find some of them to be truly wonderful and
improve your experience with GNOME 3).

As to Metro, well---yuck.

This says it best:

http://blog.geeksaresexytech.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/windows.jpg