[ale] multiple vpn's at the same time?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Oct 10 11:27:40 EDT 2012

It depends.

Which VPN?  There are different types before you add in proprietary versions.

Do the VPN servers allow split tunnels?

Does the company policy have any bearing on this?
Could you be fired for having multiple connections?

Then there is the router issue. Not every home router will support multiple VPN
connections. I don't know the specifics, but it seems that using more than 1
IPSec VPN or more than 1 PPTP or L2TP or whatever-VPN might not be possible.

OTOH, if the "VPN" is just an ssh tunnel, you can have hundreds of those.