[ale] multiple vpn's at the same time?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:45:44 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Michael Campbell <
michael.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm pretty network-challenged, but I wondered if it was possible to
> run 2 VPNs at the same time from on an Ubuntu based box (Mint,
> actually).
>
> I already run one through the network manager, but I want to run
> another (to work boxes in europe), and be able to use that as a proxy
> server so I don't have to keep going in and out of the VPN on my
> normal work machine (a windows box).
>
> So what I want to do is set up another VPN on my home Linux box, then
> on my windows box, point my work domains (in /etc/hosts) to the Ubuntu
> box which is VPN'd to europe, so URLs I hit on my windows box go
> through my Linux box, through the VPN to europe.
>
> But, as I said, I'm already using another VPN on the Linux box for
> another reason.
>
> Is this even possible?

I am able to have two vpn running on my mac, but I use two different
software to do it. I don't see why you can. We have a linksys router at my
work that has two vpn tunnel set up as well. You might need something to
manage it.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 8-10, 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org