[ale] [OT] Electronics Recycling in Decatur, Sat.. 09/29

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:39:39 EDT 2012

On 2012/09/30, at 11:17 , Ted W. wrote:

> ACK! I wish I had seen this earlier. I've promised my other
> half that I would downsize my "bone yard", as she calls it.
> I've got a bunch of old junk, mostly P4 and older, that I need
> to offload so we can downsize our living situation.
>
> If anyone knows of others going on in the Atlanta / Marietta
> / Kennesaw area in the coming weeks, please pass along the info :)
>
> --Ted

DeKalb county residents can take recyclable electronics (and most
other household refuse) directly to the county landfill site off the
southeast corner of the 285 perimeter loop:

Seminole Road Landfill
4203 Clevemont Road
Ellenwood, GA 30294

They keep trailers on site for separate recyclable electronics and
some other recyclables.  Residents can deliver a lot of refuse without
fees.  I believe an exception is that they have a nominal charge for
TV's now (and dump them as trash), but no charge for CRT's (which
they recyle).  Go figure.

It is required you show proof of DeKalb county residency either
by drivers license, auto tag or residential utility bill.

Details are on the DeKalb Sanitation web site:]
<http://www.co.dekalb.ga.us/publicwrks/sanitation/san_Disposal_Seminole_Landfill.html

in peace
aaron