[ale] HTML INCLUDE Feature Stopped Working

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:23:49 EDT 2012

Thank you all (again) for your feedback. Tony I added the line below and
that did the trick. I feel like such a fool. Thanks again!

<Directory "/var/www/virtual/digitalalias/public/demo" >
     Options +Includes
</Directory>

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Tony Carter <tcarter at entrusion.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have apache setup on my Fedora 17 box. For the past couple of weeks
> I've
> > been creating web pages using <!--#include virtual="/path-to-file"-->
> > without any issues. Well there was that SELinux-directory issue, but I
> > quickly disabled it. All of a sudden I load up my sites and the INCLUDE
> > feature isn't working anymore. I didn't change any configuration at this
> > point.
> >
> > I did a YUM update to no avail. After some Googling it looked like a
> SELinux
> > thing, but I set that to "permissive" mode. I've made multiple tweaks to
> the
> > httpd.conf file and I've restarted httpd.service multiple times, but
> INCLUDE
> > still isn't working. I am thoroughly confused at this point. I'm not
> sure if
> > it'll work, but I'm attaching my two .conf files in hopes that you more
> > experienced folks can help me. Thanks.
> >

> Marc,
> I don't see the "Options +Includes" directive in your vhost config file.
>
> Can you try adding:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>      DocumentRoot /var/www/virtual/digitalalias/public/demo
>      ServerName demo.digitalalias
>
>          <Directory "/var/www/virtual/digitalalias/public/demo" >
>                 Options +Includes
>          </Directory>
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Who is apache running as? What user did you use to chmod
> /var/www/virtual/digitalalias/public/demo ?
> Also what does getenfore show?
>
> -Tony

*Marc Ferguson*

www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

*"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*