[ale] anyone installed linux on to a flash drive

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:40:13 EDT 2012

What is the diff between putting a live cd on a usb stick vs installing
linux on usb stick ?

The putting live cd is easy since there are tools like pendrivelinux or
unetbootin which I have done.  (Puppy has driver issues with Wireless
although I like Puppy due to less foot print)

The installing of Linux on a Flash Drive may work better since the data and
apps are persisted (example I can put Firefox15 and it stays there).

-Narahari