[ale] Can't find LVM volumes on USB drive

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Nov 30 10:31:19 EST 2012

On 11/30/2012 10:13 AM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> On 11/30/2012 08:12 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> Hmm. LVM doesn't like working over your USB link. I've seen this
>> before but don't recall the workaround.
> That's what I was afraid of.
I guess I'm not going to get the data.  I found a system that had enough
hardware to add another drive and installed it internally. (Well,
electrically connected it anyway)  None of the scans found anything in
that system either.

It's not a great loss since it was a backup partition and I suspect most
of the data is still in it's original location.  The only thing I'll
lose is historical data and since I don't do a lot of deleting, it might
be OK.

Thanks,
Jim.